Choosing an SD-WAN Vendor
with Comprehensive Functionality
SD-WAN can be deployed in multiple form factors and provisioned on commodity hardware within virtual machines, containers, or in the cloud, all of which eliminates complex and costly proprietary hardware problems.
Business applications not only reside within corporate data centers, but they are also increasingly in the cloud for flexibility and scalability. When traffic traversing to and from the cloud is required to go through the corporate data center for security, network performance degrades, negatively impacting the user experience. For a secure branch to cloud connectivity, firewalls, access control and filtering, anti-virus/malware, and DNS, are required to protect against threats. Therefore, SD-WAN solutions need to encompass these critical security capabilities to enable the secure branch to cloud connectivity.
For SD-WAN to truly deliver on digitally transforming the enterprise WAN, it must include the following functions:
- Flexible software that is ready to replace proprietary network and security elements at a lower cost and can integrate with the existing network infrastructure
- Secure cloud-to-cloud, branch to multi-cloud, and business to multi-cloud connectivity
- Embedded, robust network and next-generation security features
- Full multi-tenancy for micro-segmentation of line of business, tenant, and control, with unique policies per segment
- Context-based network and security policies and traffic steering, based on users, devices, locations, and applications
When SD-WAN is done right, it can deliver an unprecedented amount of business advantages. To that end, Versa is unique among SD-WAN vendors because of our unique architecture and capabilities. Versa provides an end-to-end solution that both simplifies and secures WAN/branch networks.
Based completely on software, Versa Secure SD-WAN delivers a broad set of networking and security functions that address the operational and business challenges associated with traditional networks. Versa Secure SD-WAN transforms traditional networks that hold the business back into business-optimized WANs made for cloud and mobility. Versa enables the building of cost-efficient, agile, and secure enterprise networks, as well as, highly efficient managed service offerings.