CASB: Shifting to a new age of Cloud.
Part of Versa SASE, Versa CASB protects organizational data in transit and at rest in the cloud. Traditional security services were not enough to protect data that was moving into the cloud and therefore new cloud-focused services were established, such as cloud access security broker, where these services are critical to every transaction — merging old and new security protections.
Cloud access security broker products and services deployed on-premises or in the cloud address security gaps in an organization’s use of cloud services. This technology is the result of the need to secure cloud services, enable secure access to them from users both within and outside the traditional enterprise perimeter, and support secure cloud-to-cloud access. Versa CASB is reliable and secure.
Protecting data across multiple services.
For CASB products and cloud services, the protection target is different from that of an on-premises security system. It’s still enterprise data, but the data is processed and stored in systems that belong to someone else. Versa CASB provides a central location for policy and governance concurrently across multiple cloud services for both users and devices along with granular visibility into and control over user activities and sensitive data.
As a cloud access security broker vendor, Versa offers cloud-hosted security as a service as part of the SASE portfolio in both on-premises and provider-based models. These services provide a global footprint of locations where the CASB software nodes are deployed. Enterprises can use the nearest or most convenient point of presence (POP) as an on-ramp to high-speed and secure network and application access to the cloud infrastructure.
Versa CASB Solution: True first packet auto-recognition to thousands of applications.
Versa customers can achieve the following by implementing CASB:
- Identify and evaluate all cloud applications in use (sanctioned applications as well as shadow and rogue IT)
- Enforce cloud application management policies
- Create and enforce granular policies to govern the handling of sensitive information, including compliance-related content
- Encrypt or tokenize sensitive content to enforce privacy
- Detect and block unusual account behavior indicative of malicious activity
- Integrate cloud visibility and controls with existing security solutions