Versa Networks Zero Trust Network Access Earns RECOMMENDED Rating from Independent Testing Lab CyberRatings.org
In Real World Testing, Versa ZTNA Delivered 930 Mbps Rated Throughput Performance and Passed All Authentication & Identity, Resource Access, Routing & Policy Enforcement, and TLS/SSL Functional Tests
Santa Clara, Calif., – August 9, 2023
Versa Networks, the recognized leader of single-vendor Unified Secure Access Service Edge (SASE), today announced that the Versa Zero Trust Network Access (ZTNA) solution received a Recommended Rating by CyberRatings.org, including passing all Authentication & Identity, Resource Access, Routing & Policy Enforcement, and TLS/SSL tests.
CyberRatings is a non-profit member organization that provides transparency and expert guidance on cybersecurity risks through research and objective product testing. In Q3 2023, CyberRatings conducted an independent “real world” test of Versa’s Security Service Edge (SSE) focused on its Zero Trust Network Access (ZTNA) capabilities. The tests were performed using Amazon Web Services and CyberRatings’ facility in Austin, Texas. CyberRatings pioneered real world testing of existing and emerging cybersecurity technologies, and its Zero Trust Network Access Test (ZTNA) Methodology test was first published in June 2021.
For a complimentary copy of the “Versa Networks ZTNA” report, please see https://versa-networks.com/resources/reports/cyberratings-org-2023-ztna-report/.
“We are pleased, but not surprised, to see that the Versa ZTNA has been validated and recommended by CyberRatings, by passing every functional test and delivering extremely high performance,” said Dan Maier, Versa Networks CMO. “While SSE technology is not new to the market, many companies are trying to claim product leadership in the space, and security buyers often have a difficult time determining what level of performance and functionality they should expect from these solutions. Independent testing organizations such as CyberRatings that evaluate products under real world conditions are vitally important to help clear away this confusion, and we are excited that this report shows that enterprises can rely on Versa when looking for a proven ZTNA solution.”
CyberRatings Testing Details for Versa Networks ZTNA
Further details on the CyberRatings ZTNA tests Versa passed include:
- Authentication & Identity – Authentication and Identity are essential for the security of the network and users. ZTNA products tested need to support and identify all connections and users, and verify their authentication. In addition, ZTNA products need to prove they can then apply identity-aware policies. Versa ZTNA passed all tests.
- Resource Access – In a zero-trust environment, users are provided limited access to data and applications based on their role, rather than having access to entire internal networks. Tested products need to remotely access applications in darknets, apply identity-based access control for these networks, and restrict lateral movement within these networks. Versa ZTNA passed all tests.
- Routing & Policy Enforcement – ZTNA products tested must be able to securely route or forward traffic through the cloud service via commonly accepted tunnel methods supported by routers and firewalls and/or via an agent deployed on a desktop, laptop, or mobile device. To verify that ZTNA products could consistently and effectively enforce network configuration policies, CyberRatings created a complex, real-world, multiple-zone configuration that supports many addressing modes, policies, and applications, and traffic was tested at each level of complexity to ensure specified policies were enforced. Versa ZTNA passed all tests.
- TLS/SSL tests – The use of the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol and its current iteration, Transport Layer Security (TLS), is now the norm, with over 77% of web traffic sent over HTTPS. To address the growing threat of focused attacks using the most common web protocols and applications, the capabilities of the ZTNA was tested to detect attacks concealed by encryption and attacks against the encryption protocols themselves. Versa ZTNA passed all tests.
- Performance – Making an informed decision regarding the performance of a ZTNA offering requires understanding the impact of the ZTNA on traffic passing through it under various load conditions. The tests in this section measure the performance of a device using traffic scenarios that allow the inference of real-world performance. CyberRatings measured performance with different packet sizes and payloads to capture the ZTNA’s performance curves for HTTP and HTTPS. Versa ZTNA delivered extremely high HTTP and HTTPS throughput across a range of packet sizes and connections per second, delivering an aggregate rated throughput of 930 Mbps.
“As a non-profit, our mission is to provide organizations with objective assessments to help them select security offerings,” said Vikram Phatak, CEO of CyberRatings.org. “It is clear from the results that Versa Networks has built a high-performing and reliable ZTNA solution.”
Visit Versa at Black Hat, August 9-10 in Las Vegas
Those attending Black Hat USA 2023 this week are invited to learn more about Versa ZTNA in Versa’s Booth 1389 during the conference expo hours. For more information, visit the booth, click here to schedule a meeting, or see https://calendly.com/jessicab-91/meet-with-versa-blackhatusa-2023.
About Versa ZTNA
Versa’s ZTNA functionality is offered via the Versa Secure Private Access (VSPA) product, which is part of the Versa Security Service Edge (SSE) solution. Versa SSE is part of Versa’s AI/ML-powered Unified SASE platform, which organically delivers best-of-breed networking and security functions that tightly integrate and offer services via the cloud, on-premises, or as a blended combination of both, managed through a single pane of glass. Versa delivers SASE services such as Secure SD-WAN, Next-Generation Firewall, Next-Generation Firewall as a Service, Cloud Network Firewall, Unified Threat Management (UTM) including Advanced Threat Protection (ATP), Zero Trust Network Access (ZTNA), Secure Web Gateway (SWG), Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB), Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Remote Browser Isolation (RBI), and User and Entity Behavior Analytics (UEBA). Versa’s Unified SASE platform goes above and beyond management console automation by providing the ability to integrate networks, points of presence, policy definitions, application definitions, agent logic, and data lakes.
About Versa SASE
Versa simplifies how enterprises protect and connect their users, devices and sites to workloads and applications anywhere, anytime to improve security posture and enhance user-to-application experience and operational efficiency. Gartner has identified Versa SASE as having the most SASE components out of all 56 vendors Gartner evaluated and named Versa as one of the vendors delivering single-vendor SASE. Dell’Oro Group has named Versa the Unified SASE market share leader for two years in a row, while 650 Group has recognized Versa as the market share leader for both Deployed SASE and Enabled SD-WAN since 2020. Also, KuppingerCole Analysts AG named Versa a leader in every evaluation category in its SASE Integration Suites Leadership Compass report. In addition, Frost & Sullivan honored Versa with its SASE Global Enabling Technology Leadership Award for its industry-leading SASE solution. Enterprise Management Associates (EMA) also found that Versa SASE has the most SASE supported functions, while the CIO CHOICE 2023 Honor and Recognition program distinguished Versa SASE as the Most Trusted Brand by CIOs for SASE.
About Versa Networks
Versa Networks, the leader in single-vendor Unified SASE platforms, delivers AI/ML-powered SSE and SD-WAN solutions. The platform provides networking and security with true multitenancy, and sophisticated analytics via the cloud, on-premises, or as a blended combination of both to meet SASE requirements for small to extremely large enterprises and Service Providers. Thousands of customers globally with hundreds of thousands of sites and millions of users trust Versa with their mission critical networks and security. Versa Networks is privately held and funded by Sequoia Capital, Mayfield, Artis Ventures, Verizon Ventures, Comcast Ventures, BlackRock Inc., Liberty Global Ventures, Princeville Capital, RPS Ventures and Triangle Peak Partners. For more information, visit https://www.versa-networks.com or follow Versa Networks on Twitter @versanetworks.