Founder and CTO, Versa Networks
Follow Apurva on LinkedIn
Apurva brings technical leadership with over two decades of experience leading complex development products creating billion dollar revenue streams. Prior to Versa, he was CTO and Chief Architect for Juniper Networks Mobility Business Unit where he led and delivered the Evolved Packet Core (EPC) product line. Apurva was also the Chief Architect for the MX series, one of the most successful products in Juniper’s history and establishing the company as the market leader in Metro and Carrier Ethernet solutions. For his contributions, Apurva was awarded Juniper Network’s prestigious Founder’s Award for technical leadership.
Before Juniper, Apurva was the Chief Architect and Director of Software at Riverstone Networks and YAGO Systems. Prior to YAGO, Apurva was Architect for all ATM software at Centillion Networks. Apurva has a Master of Science in Computer Science from University of Pittsburgh and a Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science and Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology.
62 patents, most recent include:
- Application performance based path-selection using dynamic metrics
- Method for configuring a connection using redundant service nodes
- Application performance based path-selection
- Method and apparatus for split-brain avoidance in sub-secondary high availability systems
- Hybrid facet counting using different sampling rates
- Method and system for balancing network load in a virtual environment
- Method and system for providing automatic router assignment in a virtual environment
- Method and system for shaping traffic from an egress port in a software-defined wide area network
- Method and system for routing connections in a software-defined wide area network
- Connecting multiple customer sites over a wide area network using an overlay network
University of Pittsburgh
Master of Science (M.S.)
Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
Computer Software Engineering
Verdict, October 29, 2020
eBook By Kumar Mehta & Apurva Mehta
Want to learn about secure access service edge (SASE) but not sure where to start? Download Versa’s free SASE for Dummies e-book and start learning today!